The application process for admission to First Year is:
1. A school representative will visit local primary schools to distribute a prospectus pack. This will include information about the school, information about the Open Day and the ISK Application Form. Application forms are also available to download from the school web-site www.isk.ie ( http://www.isk.ie/about/policies/ ) and by request from the school office or by emailing email@example.com
2. The application process will commence on the Open Day which will be advertised in the local community. For Admissions in 2020, applications will open on Thursday 17th October, 2019. A separate application form must be completed for each student wishing to apply. Application forms will be dated and time stamped when they are received and in the event of over-subscription, a waiting list will be established. The waiting list will be determined by the date and time when the application is received.
3. The closing date for applications for the academic year 2020-2021 is 4pm on 8th November, 2019. Applications that are received after the closing time/date will not be considered unless places remain unfilled following the offer of places to valid applicants. Late applicants may request to be added to the waiting list for consideration under these circumstances.
4. Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer as well as an enrolment pack. For admissions in 2020, this will be sent to successful applicants on 15th November. Unsuccessful applicants will receive a letter of regret on the same date. Applicants that are unsuccessful will retain their position on the waiting list based on the time and date of receipt of their application form. In the event that an applicant wishes to be removed from the waiting list, they can inform the school office.
5. Included with the letter of offer, the enrolment pack will also include: The Code of Behaviour, Internet Acceptable Use Consent, Image Consent, Medical Form and Enrolment Form. Successful applicants will have to complete these forms to confirm their acceptance of the offer. These forms may be returned directly to the school office or by post. For admissions in 2020, this will need to be returned to the school office by 4pm on 2nd December, 2019.
6. Applicants, who do not complete the enrolment process outlined in the previous point, will be deemed to have refused their offer.
7. Vacancies that arise from offers that have been refused will be offered to students on the waiting list, in the order based on the date and time of his/her application. The waiting list will remain active until the first day of the school term