Latest ISK News
ASIAM for Autism
Take Part in the #FlyForAutism Challenge this April
AsIAm - Ireland’s National Autism Charity, are challenging amateur aviators across the country to build their best paper planes this month to raise much-needed funds for World Autism Month.
The COVID-19 crisis has forced the charity to cancel all fundraising events planned for the month of April, which will have a serious impact on their ability to provide services and advocacy for the autistic community.
With the entire country stuck at home for the next few weeks, the #FlyForAutism challenge is a fun way to show your support – without having to travel far!
. All that is needed is a sheet of paper and some imagination. Here’s what to do:
1. Text ASIAM to 50300 to donate €4 to AsIAm
2. Build your own paper plane. It can be as fancy or as simple as you like.
3. Post a video if its most impressive flight on your social media channels with the hashtag #FlyForAutism and tag @asiamireland
4. Tag and challenge 3 friends to donate and make their own paper planes
Advice & Resources
NEPS has developed advice and resources for keeping children and young people well during these challenging times as follows:
· Advice for Young People While Schools are Closed
· Guide for Parents Supporting Children with Routines
· Plan for the Day
· Relaxation Techniques- podcast/document
· Talking to Children and Young People about Covid-19: Advice for Parents and School
These resources are available on www.education.ie also.